Level 3 Award in Aerial Tree Rigging
This unit covers the use of a chainsaw and lowering equipment working from a rope and harness in conjunction with a ground person in medium-sized open-grown trees. It also includes the use of climbing irons.
Pre-requisite courses are
- Level 2 Award in Chainsaw Maintenance & Cross-Cutting
- Level 2 Award in Felling Trees (up to 380mm)
- Level 2 Award in Tree Climbing & Rescue
- Level 3 Award in Aerial Cutting of Trees with a Chainsaw using Free-fall Techniques
- Identify, inspect and comment on key parts of equipment
- Preparation and safe use of the equipment
- Operate a chainsaw within the crown of a tree using a rope and harness
- Use lowering ropes to carry out lowering and sectional felling operations
- Undertake a range of arboricultural operations without risk
Please see our schedule for dates. Other dates may be arranged on application.
POA. Price includes NPTC registration and assessment