Level 3 Award in Aerial Tree Pruning
This course covers the use of a chainsaw and/or other pruning tools working from a rope and harness in conjunction with a ground person in medium sized, open grown trees.
A good level of physical fitness is required for this course.
- Level 2 Award in Chainsaw Maintenance & Cross-Cutting
- Level 2 Award in Felling Trees (up to 380mm)
- Level 2 Award in Tree Climbing & Rescue
- Level 3 Award in Aerial Cutting of Trees with a Chainsaw using Free-fall Techniques
- Identify, inspect and comment upon key parts of the equipment to be used
- Prepare the equipment for use, ensuring the safety of themselves, other people and the environment
- Comment upon the structure, condition and properties of the tree(s) to be worked on
- Use a chainsaw and other pruning tools whilst maintaining a working position within the crown of the tree using a rope and harness in conjunction with ground staff
£340.00 including NPTC registration and assessment